Monday, May 8, 2006

The last days of the prime of my life

   I get very upset when someone tries to read my writing before I am ready for them to.  I think it's because it takes me a long time to convince myself that it is not total crap.  Plus, the first stuff I write is just the skeleton-I only want to get the story down-then later I worry about tweaking, adding, changing and decorating.  The part I'm doing now is just embarrassing and I get completely mortified when people want to read it. 

  In other words, I owe my brother an apology for ripping my laptop out of his hands yesterday. :)  But that's why.

------

  It's birthday time this Saturday.  As if turning thirty isn't depressing enough, I will also be incapacitated by my surgery.  Worst birthday ever!  Since I will be able to do absolutely nothing for the next month, I would like DVDs for my birthday.  Preferably TV shows I haven't seen so I can just watch many hours of episodes all day long.

  I was complaining at dinner about getting older, but Kasey put everything in perspective by assuring me that I still have 15 years left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An entire 15 years left huh?!  Well, at least you can plan now!  I have lived past those 15 years and am not in a nursing home yet, so I guess I am doing okay.  Hee-hee!!  Leave it to a child!  I wouldn't want anyone to read my writing either before I was ready, so totally understand.  But, dammit man, I want a new book and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I expect a cameo too.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa who wants to know which t.v. shows you watch and haven't seen yet.  Green Acres maybe?  ;)

Anonymous said...

My first comment in your journal!!! That completely sounds like something my Kasey Jean would say! I just about died when I read that last sentence. What a little nut. I am not sure I would want to live past 45 anyway...I don't dig the idea of wrinkles and menopause...maybe the little one is on to something....