Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Setback

  I'm a little nervous about what I did to myself this weekend.  We were selling stuff at the inlaws' garage sale and on Friday I was moving carrying stuff I shouldn't have been.  I dropped it and whacked my wrist, causing the incision to split open and bleed.  Then on Sunday I tripped and landed on the same wrist.  Then that night, I lifted Kasey's sleeping body and almost dropped her from the pain.  Yesterday my arms were tingling for a little while as if I hadn't even had any surgeries.  I am currently feeling like I will never be normal again.  Even though the weather was gorgeous and we made some money, I was still miserable.  At this very moment,  I feel a burning in my wrists like I have a giant paper cut on each one.  UGH.

Next week, I was hoping the doc would clear me with no restrictions, which is what my job requires.  Now I don't think it's going to happen. 

It will be my own fault if I did more damage.  I am not medically cleared to lift more than five pounds and I did it anyway.  UGH again.

----

  I decided this week that it is going to to take a lot to knock Gnarls Barkley out of the number 1 spot.  This is one of those monster-sized favorite songs that I never found last year.  Not that Bloc Party isn't great, but "Banquet" never gripped me as tightly as other top songs of the year had.  I think "Crazy" might have that power.

This Week's Top Ten:

1. Crazy- Gnarls Barkley

2. Hands Open- Snow Patrol

3. The Number- Pretty Girls Make Graves

4. Fraud in the 80's- Mates of State

5. Elevate Myself- Grandaddy

6. This Isn't Farm Life- Essex Green

7. Miss Murder- AFI

8. Cheated Hearts- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

9. Saying Sorry- Hawthorne Heights

10. February- The Appleseed Cast

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) That stuff about your hands made ME hurt!! I hope you feel better soon :( :(

B) Even though doctors show NO MERCY, you should listen! I didn't, and look what that got me...a dead gallbladder.

C) Damn you for having Rhapsody.

Anonymous said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Trying to push yourself way too soon.  But, you found out the hard way that you can't when it comes to this surgery.  I hope the doc doesn't restrict you even longer, but if you ripped it open, he probably will.  Sigh.  Feel better soon!
Hugs and love,
Lisa