Sunday, March 6, 2005

AD Quotes VI

  Finally after two weeks of an unexplained preemption and the Oscars, Arrested Development returns tonight with 2 new episodes.  At 8:30 EST Julia Louise-Dreyfus returns as Maggie Lizer- eight and a half months after her affair with Michael, she is eight and a half months pregnant.  Could George Michael soon have a little brother or sister?  Then at 9, Buster gets his hand bitten off by a seal and will wear a hook from now on.  Shocking!  I guess since they figure on being canceled, they're pulling out all the stops.  If they get picked up, Buster will be wearing a lot of long sleeved shirts for Season 3.

  It's time for the next batch of quotes, this time from the youngest members of the cast: George Michael and Maeby.  George Michael is a sweet and innocent young teen who strains to deal with both his father's ridiculously high expectations (where an (A-) doesn't count as an (A)) and his hopeless crush on his own cousin, Maeby.  Maeby is a rebel whose only cause is trying to get her parents to notice her.  Her most elaborate plan involved creating a twin for herself at school and giving that twin a fake disease (naturally called BS).  Pretty sure her parents never even found out about that one- just proving how much they ignore her.

---

 Michael: Your Uncle G.O.B. seems to think that he saw you down at the docks today. Was that you?

George Michael: No. No. Maybe it was the other George Michael. You know, the singer-songwriter.

Michael: Yeah, that makes sense.

---

Michael: Sorry. Your grandmother had a little accident here.

George Michael: Oh. Does that mean she’s going to have to come live with us?

Michael: No, no. No. It was her drink, and even if it wasn’t...

---

Michael: What comes before anything? What have we always said is the most important thing?

George Michael: Breakfast.

Michael: Family.

George Michael: Family, right. I thought you meant of thethings you eat.

---

George, Sr.: Is Oscar wearing my suit? Hey, you tell my brother you don’t wear dead man’s pants. Shame on him. And you say that to him. You say, you say, “Shame on you.”

George Michael: Okay.

George, Sr.: Say it to me like you’re going to say it to him.

George Michael: I’m probably not going to say it to him.

---

Michael: What do you think of when you hear the word Sudden Valley?

George Michael: Salad dressing, I think. But for some reason, I don’t want to eat it.

Michael: Right. But Paradise Gardens...

George Michael: Yeah. Okay, I can... I can see marinating a chicken in that.

---

Maeby: Okay, so I printed the fake airline ticket from my computer. If my parents miss this, I really might go to South America.

George Michael: That says Portugal.

Maeby: That’s right.

---

George Michael: He’s my dad. I don’t want to disappoint him.

Maeby: You and I are so different. It’s like we’re not even related.

George Michael: That would be amazing.

---

George Michael: It’s just I don’t know when I’m gonna get another chance like this, you know, to be there for family. I’d hate to miss it because I was too proud.

Michael: Right. Wait a minute. “Too proud”? What does this have to do with too proud?

George Michael: Actually that part was kind of just for you. I was just worried the whole thing wasn’t going to land unless I included the pride part.

---

Maeby: D plus. Sign this.

Lindsay: This is a D minus.

Maeby: Well, either way, it’s above a D right?

Lucille: Another worldbeater.

---

Lindsay: Okay. Well, uh, this was fun. Maybe later we can all spend a little more time together, go shopping, get a drink.

Maeby: I’m in school, and I’m 15.

---

Maeby: Hey, how do you think I feel? He was the one who said he would help me on this essay for The Old Man and The Sea.

Michael: I’ll help you with that later.

Maeby: Oh, great. Okay. So, you have to read this and then explain it, and this is important: you have to say it in my own words, okay? Smart, but not too smart. Let’s have a four syllable max.

---

Maeby: Plus, who’s going to get mad at the dying girl?

George Michael: Surely’s dying?

Maeby: I figure I’ll kill her off just before graduation just so everyone gets really sad before prom.

---

Maeby: So here’s the test that I failed.

George Michael: Oh, okay. I see the problem right away. You got all the answers wrong. You know, you even got your name wrong. It says S. Fünke.

Maeby: Yeah, well, what they want you to do is put an “S” if you’re single, or an “M” if you’re married. Most of us are all single, but it’s a whole government thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maeby: Well, either way, it’s above a D right?

Lucille: Another worldbeater.

That's supposed to be "Another world leader." :)