Tuesday, March 1, 2005

AD Quotes IV

  No school today, which doesn't excite me as much as it did when I was actually in school.  Go figure.  I just read that Halle Berry showed up at the ceremony to accept her Razzie award for Worst Actress. (Catwoman)  She sounds like a really cool person- glad to see some celebrities are. 

  ''Thank you so much. I never in my life thought I would be up here...It's not like I ever aspired to be here...And no, I don't have to give this back. It has my name on it...I have so many people to thank, because you don't win a Razzie without a lot of help from others...Those included ''Warner Bros., for putting me in a godawful piece of s--- movie''; Pitof, whose instructions she said she couldn't understand; her manager, whom she dragged onto the Razzie stage, saying, ''Next time, read the script''; and her costars, because ''in order to give a really rotten performance like I did, you have to have a lot of terrible actors around you.'' 

-from EW.com

And now for our Feature Presentation:  (I love when they put that on videos like you watch the thing for the commercials and the movie.  For me, the re-creation of the cinema at home loses the magic when I can just hit Fast Forward.

  But we're here to talk about Buster Bluth now.  He is the youngest of the Bluth boys, and while not as self-absorbed as the others, he makes up for it with an extra dose of stupidity.  His major flaw is his attachment to his mother.  That cord was just never cut.  This abnormal relationship has left the man utterly confused, sickly and maladjusted- he has even gone so far as to date his mother's best friend (who just so happens to also be named Lucille).  Here's Buster:

Most quotes taken from --Balboa Observer-Picayune: An Arrested Development Fan Site

---

Lucille: Blow.

Buster: No, Mother! I can blow myself.

---

Buster: They’re taking me in the Army. They didn’t think there was enough wrong with me.

Lucille: Well, did they check everything?

Buster: Yes! They even touched my Charlie Browns. You liedto me. You said I wasn’t fit to serve!

---

Buster: Just wanted to check in and make sure you’re aware that your ban on organized sports in this family has been violated.

George, Sr.: Ban on organized sports?

Buster: You know, how you wouldn’t let me sign up for anything when I was a kid.

George, Sr.: Is that what you’ve been thinking all these years? No, no, look, you were... you were just a turd out there, you know? You couldn’t kick, and you couldn’t run, you know? You were just a turd.

Buster: Prison has destroyed the way you talk. If that’s what it takes to impress these guys around here, then they are not your friends!

---

Lucille: Buster. Nice of you to take a break from that common whore you’ve been dating.

Buster: She is not a whore, Mother. She happens to be the new secretary of the Bluth Company. And, yes, she’s more experienced than a normal girl, but sometimes love should be terrifying.

---

Oscar: Okay, but I never meant to break up your family. Your mom called me for a reason. I-I don’t think she’s happy.

Buster: No, she’s happy. She’s just mean all the time.

---

Lucille: Buster, what’s going on? What happened to your head?

Buster: Nothing. G.O.B. was just teaching me how to hit it with a hammer.

---

Michael: I thought Buster had everything under control. I thought you’d been going to the office.

Buster: Yes, and I’ve enjoyed that. It was just I was constantly being called to the phone... or I was asked a question or I was resuscitated. It was really hard to get a good work flow going.

---

Buster: Mom is becoming a little controlling.

Michael: What tipped you off? When she locked you out on the balcony again?

Buster: That was half my fault. I thought I saw a graham cracker out there.

Michael: You baited the balcony?

Lucille: Prove it.

No comments: