Monday, March 28, 2005

More TV

  I used my (unpaid!) day off yesterday to have a nice holiday with the in-laws.  Hope everyone else's was good too.  Last night, an officer came to our door and told us that our neighbor's house across the street was broken into.  But they didn't take anything.  Weird, huh?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

  Not too much on television yesterday before the basketball games came on so I got to watch Bravo and get caught up on Project: Greenlight.  I never watched the show when it was on HBO because 1) it was boring and 2) I always forget to check HBO on the rare occassions when I do channel surf. (Don't get me wrong- I watch a lot of TV- it's just that I usually tune in for something- not surf)  This incarnation of the show is really neat, however since they are making a low-budget horror movie.  To add to the drama, Ben, Matt and company made a very strange choice to give the directing chance to.  I don't remember his name and I'm not going to look it up, but he has already made things very interesting. 

  First, he had no business being hired because he couldn't articulate two consecutive sentences in the interview and no one had any idea what his vision for the film is.  They hired him anyway- I guess because his audition tape was the best.  Then, even when he is supposed to take over and, you know, DIRECT, he still doesn't do it.  I can totally sympathize with getting lost in your own head and not being able to communicate what you are trying to do- but if I was going on speaker phone with the guy who was going to set my budget- I would try to overcome my nerves by at least having some notes prepared.

  Worse than that, when he does take a stand on something- it ends up being laughably unprofessional.  The guy is absolutely insistent on hiring his own family for 4 of the 9 major roles in the movie.  He barely participated in the casting process because he had it all cast in his mind with his brother, dad, girlfriend, etc...  I sided with the casting director, who looks like she wants to strangle the guy. 

  I never thought I would add another reality show to my viewing habits, but all of a sudden I can't wait until Tuesday night to see what "horrors" await the people making thehorror movie, "Feast."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

  On the cartoon front, Kasey and I have both been getting a lot of enjoyment out of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  Last week's episode was the first time I can ever remember laughing hysterically at a kid's show.  When children outgrow their imaginary friends, they ship them off to this home until a new kid adopts them- hilarity ensues.  Cartoon Network also becomes the "Adult Swim"at night and they have some very funny stuff- I particularly enjoy The Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken- an oddball show where Seth Green brings the toys of our childhood to life for bizarre skits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's an updated list of everything I watch on TV- I'm hoping that by listing them all, I will realize how pathetic it all is and cut back a little!

Monday- WWE Monday Night Raw

Tuesday- American Idol, The Amazing Race, Project: Greenlight

Wednesday- LOST, Idol results, The King of Queens

Thursday- Survivor, CSI, Joey

Friday- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Saturday- nothing!!! :)

Sunday- The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Desperate Housewives, Adult Swim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm.. HELLO! you forgot to add the best newest show that we JUST watched last night.  Grey's Anatomy!  I thought it was good.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to get too attached to Grey's Anatomy since it's a mid-season replacement for a show that's not canceled.  Oh, and the first thing they told us about the main character is that she's a slut.  How am I supposed to root for her?