Tuesday, March 22, 2005

If this entry is flashing, you've won a free migraine

  Been getting pop up ads every five minutes and no matter how many "anti" programs I run, I can't get rid of them.  This hasn't happened since we got AOL and I'm pretty upset about it.

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about.  Have you ever heard a song that you had completely erased from your memory?  I don't mean where you say, "Hey, haven't heard that in a while!" and you can't remember the words.  I mean, what happened to me is- some little tiny bit of memory strand got activated by a tune, but not enough to remember it.  I listened to it and all the while was thinking, have I heard this before???  It was annoying more than anything.  Does this craziness sound familiar to anyone?  Anyway, it bugged me all day so I looked it up when I got home and sure enough, the song was released in 1994.  I'm pretty sure now that I hadn't heard it in eleven years and am not insane. 

  By the way, the song was 'The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get' by Morrissey.

  I also learned this week that I can not have a song as my cell phone ring.  I was walking around in Wal-mart and heard a tune in the distance.  I thought to myself, Wow, Wal-mart is playing Modest Mouse on the PA!  That is pretty cool.  Then when I got to the parking lot and my wife called me again, I realized that my pocket had been playing 'Float On', not Wal-mart.  I'm going to change my ringer to "Hey Idiot, answer your phone."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have these moments ALL the time!  But, then again my memory isn't what it used to be, so it could be a brand new song and I forget it!  I do the same thing though, I store some of the lyrics in my head and come home and search for them just to know what the song is to find some peace!  I like the idea of "Hey Idiot, answer your phone"!  I think EVERY cell phone should say that!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa